
Mexico, my first memory of this county involved a restaurant in a cave ( seriously). I was terrified of the Mariachi band and hide under the table for the entire dinner. This experience set the stage for many other trips that would have strange happenings.
I would like to say this segment involves mom, my intent is not to embarrass. It is kind of funny some of the things that happened (now that many years have gone by).
My first trip to Cholla Bay, Sonora, Mexico was over the Memorial Day weekend. Mom was pregnant ( about 5 months, so if you've been pregnant you'll relate) with Jayne and were we on the way home, the line to return to the U.S. was very, very,very long. We had been sitting in the truck for hours and mom had to pee badly. Stopping somewhere was out of the question because we would have lost our place in line. Mom being practical and doing what she could given the situation peed, in a cup in the front seat of the truck. ( I might have been traumatized for life but, I had to pee just as bad. I waited, I was 10 . ) Unfortunately, this was not the only bad event that occurred to mom in Mexico. For this next event you need to understand that mom is allergic to tomatoes. I think she forgot that when she drank to many Bloodymary's. This was the one and only time I have ever seen mom drunk it was hilarious until she started yakking. Yuk! I related these stories first because mom has had as many misadventures as me. I think there might be a genetic link to mishaps. Mexico seems to have some dramatic effect on our family because we do things we would never other wise do. Next, South of the Border, Part 2, Karen's Mishaps.
No comments:
Post a Comment