Monday, December 8, 2008

Successful Event




This weekend I dragged Bernie and Jackie out for some exercise and participated in the Arthritis Foundations Jingle Bell 5k/walk. Bernie and I also enlisted friends from work Hanna and Reno. Hanna brought her daughter who in turn, brought a friend. So the 7 of us left Fort Grant at the butt crack of dawn ( you know I really hate mornings we can just go from 3am to noon and not hurt my feelings any) and drove to Ried Park in Tucson. Hanna being a true soldier drove with the young ladies ( 3 teenage girls yikes! that was brave) while I rode with the men ( much safer). We had an excellent time the walk was a nice 3.something deal and only a few old people passed us. The dog costume contest was great we all vowed next year we are dressing up even more and the dogs are going to. We contributed 180.00 dollars to the Foundation and hope the next event will be even a bigger success.

1 comment:

Jayne said...

AWWWW, great pictures! It sucks we missed it, I even had Snowball BELLS to wear. Great job!

Also? Don't let the teenagers smell your fear, it only makes them more hormonal and craaaaaazy... I mean pretty and so well mannered (Hi Jackie!!!)